When it’s a little more frigid in Fort Lauderdale you count on your heat pump to keep you cozy. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you might have a heat pump repair appointment coming soon. Once a year maintenance service from experts can keep your system operating in peak performance and diagnose potential problem areas before they deteriorate. Between service visits, make sure to watch for signals that indicate repair is needed. Here are some of the most common symptoms:
1. Your blower doesn’t seem to be working the way it used to. Is it running long enough? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem weak? These symptoms could indicate a minor problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
2. Your heat pump is jammed heating mode or cooling mode. When it’s too hot outside, your heat pump cools your home by carrying refrigerant through the indoor evaporator coil. When it’s chilly out, heat pumps shift the process and passes refrigerant to the outside of the evaporator coil. If you can’t get your system to change modes, it may be time to contact an expert to find out why.
3. Your heat pump isn’t cycling as usual. Your heat pump could be overheating if it is cycling on and off again and again. This might indicate a simple problem. Your thermostat could need to be recalibrated or a clogged filter needs to be changed. It may also indicate a failure in your thermostat or blower.
4. Your home is not being heated or cooled evenly. Are your registers all open and unobstructed? If they are and the problem endures, reach out to an expert to see why your system is breaking down or out of balance.
5. Your heat pump is noisy. If your heat pump is suddenly running loudly or making noises you’re not familiar with, there could be a problem.
You’ll know when you need to schedule heat pump repair now that you’ve heard of these common symptoms. The team at Solar Air Inc. will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.