Summer is upon us! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To optimize your comfort and actually relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Fort Lauderdale is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Solar Air Inc. consistently recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner running over the summer.
- First, another time to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter routinely! Replace your air filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the cold weather. Turning on your air conditioner before removing the cover can ultimately damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s functionality. cut the grass, remove any debris and eliminate overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you turn it on this summer. remember to check the area at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These easy steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If it’s time to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Solar Air Inc. in Fort Lauderdale at 954-320-7398 today.