Having standard air conditioning service done at least yearly can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Fort Lauderdale summer, have the experts at Solar Air Inc. complete your annual air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be finished during a usual air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Look for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if required, look for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, reclaim any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, as opposed to illegally discharging it to the air.
- Look for correct airflow through the system.
- Confirm the right electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Check the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters regularly is essential. That’s because nothing else that easy can help ensure your air conditioner continues to work at a high level of efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should check it frequently. We suggest looking at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will depend on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Solar Air Inc. today at 954-320-7398.