If you want to stay comfortable during the chilly months in Fort Lauderdale, your heat pump will need some maintenance to keep operating at its best. If you’ve already arranged your once a year tune-up with Solar Air Inc. , you’re right on schedule. Don’t worry if you haven’t, there’s still time! Give us a call at [[phonenumber]] to schedule your appointment.
Between professional tune-ups, there are quite a few things you can do to keep your heat pump running at its maximum performance. Try these maintenance tips to keep your heat pump on track:
- Are your coils and fans clear for optimal airflow? Lessened airflow makes your heat pump over worked and can hurt your system’s compressor.
- Your supply and return registers should be open and clear.
- Check your filters regularly and clean or change them when recommended. We can’t recommend this enough. It’s an easy way to boost the airflow through your furnace and maintain peak efficiency.
- Clear the zone around your outdoor unit if odds and ends have accumulated or plants have taken over the area.
- To check that your system is working correctly, test your thermostat frequently. Turn it on and bit by bit increase the temperature setting until you hear your heat pump kick on. If you don’t hear anything, check out our blog post on heat pump repair for thermostat next steps or contact us directly.
Keeping you comfortable this winter is important to us. If you want to learn more about heat pump maintenance or would like to make an appointment with one of our technicians, call Solar Air Inc. at [[phonenumber]] or arrange an appointment online.