Smart phones are our constant companions, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. In addition to keeping you in touch with work and friends, your smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. Your phone can allow you to control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
Technology can change rapidly, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats let you control your system via a Wi-Fi connection, so that means you can use your smart phone from work or even vacation to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, therefore they can also learn your day-to-day routine by knowing where you are. This type of thermostat can actually sense when you’re away from home and change the temperature to fit your needs.
There’s been quite a bit of buzz about smart thermostats recently. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more popular and affordable. If you don’t have one, it’s a great time to start researching them and all the benefits they offer you, namely the ability to closely control the comfort of your home—even when you’re away from home. Following are more benefits:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will automatically make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home and save you money.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, sometimes it’s hard to remember to plan for HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and even tell you when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. The majority of smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide variety of heating and cooling equipment, so you probably don’t have to worry about passing on a smart thermostat that you want because it’s not compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats offer many ways to help you maximize your home comfort levels and help you lower your energy bills. Call Solar Air Inc. in Fort Lauderdale at 954-320-7398. We have several thermostats for you to choose from, so you should be able to find one to match your needs.