Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Fort Lauderdale during the cooler months, when they’re necessary to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Solar Air Inc. will forever be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is important and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to see if it kicks on.
- If everything looks right, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to not work?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Solar Air Inc. at 954-320-7398 and we’ll return your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.